cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problems when migrating j-link application from Wildfire2 to Creo2

hdettmar
1-Newbie

Problems when migrating j-link application from Wildfire2 to Creo2

A quite complex J-Link implementation is moved from Wildfire2 to Creo-2.0 M100. Set up seems to be Ok, as the j-link process starts correct. After some tasks (exchanging and regenarating parts) it crashes with an XToolKitGeneralError. This happens while Simplified Represantions are created. Specifically when the instrs are handed over to the assembly: simprepAssembly.SetInstructions(instrs);. There are also problems with the substitution and exclusion of simpreps ahead of the error. I would like to include some code here. But the implementation is quite complex so it is very difficult picture a good example ...

Anyway I doubt that the problem lies in the code as this worked fine all the years in wildfire2 and the classes for handling simpreps did not change acording to the j-link user guide provided with Creo-2.0. If there are questions about the implemenation, just let me know.

For preparation I have loaded, regenerated and saved all old Wildfire2 models used in this process in Creo.

Is there anything else that need to be done with legacy Wildfire2 code/modells for using Creo?

Any hint is appreciated.

Cheers,

Holger

1 REPLY 1

Holger,

I think that you have to contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags