cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

RSD 9.0 shows Error Msg in cable groups

GopiGanesh
1-Newbie

RSD 9.0 shows Error Msg in cable groups

Hello Friends,

I am Using CC [Central Catalog ] for RSD wiring diagrams.It works fine in all the aspects except the Cable Groups.

Here the problem Comes.

when we create a new group for cable i cant able to apply the Global property < CONNECTION! CABLE>

It showing the following Error

?msg_err@>>>> prereq_fail <<<<
?msg_err@Property is protected from deletion

Please find the following image showing the error

001.gif

2. I have tried to import the Cable group from some other Design which is already having the property < CONNECTION! CABLE>

But can not add the instance on the drawing . again it shows some error as shown below

?msg_err@>>>> prereq_fail <<<<

?msg_err@Error in generated name

3. Is it the problem with my CSV file or central catalog files ... i have purged and reloaded the cable group folder several times & it never works.

Suggest me is there a right way to resolve it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You should not see >>>prereq_fail<<<, which unfortunately means the message may not give you all the information; you should see a normal >>>error<<< there. Please report it to Tech Support.

I think the problem stems from the fact that you're changing the type of the object (from COMPONENT to CONNECTION!CABLE) and the original type had a property assigned to it that cannot be removed. Unfortunately the error message doesn't tell you which one.

Thus I recommend having a look at the global properties and see what properties have been defined for the COMPONENT type. You would see it in the Type Properties section of the Define Types dialog (launched from View/edit global properties).

I don't know what the problem is with the name error. Again, that's a >>>prereq_fail<<< that you should not see and hence should also be reported.

Martin

Top Tags