cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up VB API

SOLVED
Highlighted

Setting up VB API

I am having trouble setting up the VB API. I would like to use it through excel and I am trying to get the example excel/VB program to run, but I am getting the error no: -2147352567, Error: pfcExceptions::XToolkitGeneralError.

I think that I don't have my PRO_DIRECTORY set correctly, and/or the Pro/E Executable Path I'm using isn't correct. My PRO_DIRECTORY goes to my /ptc/proewildfire4 folder and I've tried the full executable path to xtop.exe, and proe.exe.

Can anyone help me with this?

If it makes a difference, when I try to run xtop.exe, I get the error RgiWrapIsoLib.dll was not found. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting up VB API

PRO_DIRECTORY should link to the root folder where proe is installed and not to the exe or bat file.

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE should be the path to the pro_comm_msg.exe. Its located in <Load point>\i486_nt\obj. (for win xp/nt)

for e.g.

PRO_DIRECTORY = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4"

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"

HTH

Joe

4 REPLIES 4

I fixed an error in my PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE path, and the executable path i'm using is C:\...\bin\proe.exe (which pro/e says is the startup command). The computer seems to be thinking more, a command prompt going to C:\...i486_nt\obj\pfclscom.exe opens, but now I'm getting the error pfcExceptions::XToolkitNotFound

PRO_DIRECTORY should link to the root folder where proe is installed and not to the exe or bat file.

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE should be the path to the pro_comm_msg.exe. Its located in <Load point>\i486_nt\obj. (for win xp/nt)

for e.g.

PRO_DIRECTORY = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4"

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"

HTH

Joe

Thank you, that's what I ended up doing.

hello,

Can anybody help me how to get excel values in the current model. and how to regerate the model. I am so many time but the values are not set please give a sample program or procedure to help me. please help me