cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Setting up VB API

ChrisCunningham
1-Newbie

Setting up VB API

I am having trouble setting up the VB API. I would like to use it through excel and I am trying to get the example excel/VB program to run, but I am getting the error no: -2147352567, Error: pfcExceptions::XToolkitGeneralError.

I think that I don't have my PRO_DIRECTORY set correctly, and/or the Pro/E Executable Path I'm using isn't correct. My PRO_DIRECTORY goes to my /ptc/proewildfire4 folder and I've tried the full executable path to xtop.exe, and proe.exe.

Can anyone help me with this?

If it makes a difference, when I try to run xtop.exe, I get the error RgiWrapIsoLib.dll was not found. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PRO_DIRECTORY should link to the root folder where proe is installed and not to the exe or bat file.

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE should be the path to the pro_comm_msg.exe. Its located in <Load point>\i486_nt\obj. (for win xp/nt)

for e.g.

PRO_DIRECTORY = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4"

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"

HTH

Joe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I fixed an error in my PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE path, and the executable path i'm using is C:\...\bin\proe.exe (which pro/e says is the startup command). The computer seems to be thinking more, a command prompt going to C:\...i486_nt\obj\pfclscom.exe opens, but now I'm getting the error pfcExceptions::XToolkitNotFound

PRO_DIRECTORY should link to the root folder where proe is installed and not to the exe or bat file.

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE should be the path to the pro_comm_msg.exe. Its located in <Load point>\i486_nt\obj. (for win xp/nt)

for e.g.

PRO_DIRECTORY = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4"

PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE = "C:\PTC\ProeWildfire4\i486_nt\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"

HTH

Joe

Thank you, that's what I ended up doing.

JK_9638109
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisCunningham)

Hi,

Do you have solution for this problem already? I have the same problem. Everything is set correctly (enviroment and personal variables, register vbapi, add reference in visual basic. Even to my colleague simply macro to write message with name of active model works, but not me.

hello,

Can anybody help me how to get excel values in the current model. and how to regerate the model. I am so many time but the values are not set please give a sample program or procedure to help me. please help me

Top Tags