cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Solid.Regenerate throws XToolkitGeneralError

jack15
9-Granite

Solid.Regenerate throws XToolkitGeneralError

I am working with the java object toolkit API for Creo 7 and I am running into this issue where when I attempt to regenerate an assembly it fails and throws XToolkitGeneralError. I can regenerate the same model that throws this error using Creo so I do not believe it to be an issue with the Creo model. I am wondering why it is throwing that exception. Any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This is not the issue that I was facing. I believe I have been able to resolve my issue thankfully.

In case there is someone else experiencing something similar what seemed to be my issue is that I had the model open when the program began and I brought it into memory again using Session.RetrieveModel but I never assigned the return from this method to my model. This seems to be what caused the issue as when I removed the RetrieveModel call regenerating the model worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@jack15 wrote:

I am working with the java object toolkit API for Creo 7 and I am running into this issue where when I attempt to regenerate an assembly it fails and throws XToolkitGeneralError. I can regenerate the same model that throws this error using Creo so I do not believe it to be an issue with the Creo model. I am wondering why it is throwing that exception. Any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

please read https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS323327 document.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

This is not the issue that I was facing. I believe I have been able to resolve my issue thankfully.

In case there is someone else experiencing something similar what seemed to be my issue is that I had the model open when the program began and I brought it into memory again using Session.RetrieveModel but I never assigned the return from this method to my model. This seems to be what caused the issue as when I removed the RetrieveModel call regenerating the model worked.

Top Tags