cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Switching Between Viewports

afosnight
3-Visitor

Switching Between Viewports

Hello, I'm currently having trouble in creo elements/direct modeling 19.0, and would like to know if what I'm trying to do is actually impossible, or if I just haven't figured out yet how to do it; the goal I'm after is to be able to create a new command that I can bind to a keyboard key or mouse button that will cycle through all current viewports. Currently, the only way to do so is to navigate to the view tab->window section-> switch windows. This activates a drop down menu that lists the current viewports, and allows me to switch between them. However, this is cumbersome, and if possible I'd like to know if I could write a custom command to achieve the same effect.

Thank you,

-ADF

1 REPLY 1

If the i have understood your question correctly, the attached image shows what you are currently using.

If so, you can create a Trail file to turn the split screen option on or off and create a map key with keyboard shortcut to run this trail file. Below is what is use for Creo 2.0.

Split screen on:

!trail file version No. 1600
!Creo  TM  2.0  (c) 2018 by PTC Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
~ Command `ProCmdWinSplit` 1;

Split screen off:

!trail file version No. 1600
!Creo  TM  2.0  (c) 2018 by PTC Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
~ Command `ProCmdWinSplit` 0;

SPLIT SCREEN.JPG

Top Tags