cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Test automation tool or framework for Creo Parametric

syalagudri
12-Amethyst

Test automation tool or framework for Creo Parametric

Hi,

Does anyone use a test automation tool or framework for automating Creo Parametric manual test cases?

Creo buttons are not recognized in tools\framework like selenium, work-soft, etc... If anyone using any tools to automate the manual test steps please share.

Any windows application automation tool which suits Creo parametric? Obviously, the preference will be for free tools. If it's paid also can think of it.

We can use a trail file for some kind of automation but it's not suitable for my use case.   

Thanks,

Suresh

10 REPLIES 10

Tried using "AutoIt" tool but it does not identify all the Creo menus and buttons

@syalagudri wrote:

Tried using "AutoIt" tool but it does not identify all the Creo menus and buttons

Hi,

you can mover mouse to specific position ... https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/MouseMove.htm 

Martin Hanák

MouseMove may not work because not all developers use the same size monitor. Let me try once. Thanks 

@syalagudri wrote:

MouseMove may not work because not all developers use the same size monitor. Let me try once. Thanks 

Hi,

I think you can set the same Creo window size in pixels for any monitor size.

Option no.1

Read https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/Change-Creo-s-window-size-to-a-specific-size/m-p/729185 and add following option into psf file:

ENV=UI_SCREEN_RECT=0,0 1920x1080

Option no.2

Use AutoIt WinMove function ... https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/WinMove.htm 

Martin Hanák
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:syalagudri)

No, everything is relative within the trail file. But for sure there might be some limitation. But for automated testing this is the best. This is one reason why the GUI programming in Creo is a way to much for a standard developer :-).

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

You should use trail files, this allows you to test applications which are using standard creo gui components. This is the only useful usage of trail files, for customizing this is not the first choice.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Hello all,

What kind of tests? learn-tests, unit-tests, integration-tests, acceptance-tests? Some of them could be handled with a mocking framework - gtest/gmock for example.

syalagudri
12-Amethyst
(To:FV)

Acceptance tests that involve GUI selction.

Not all tests are covered by learn-tests, unit-tests, integration tests.

syalagudri_0-1637300399289.png             

syalagudri_1-1637300469866.png

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

I would use GTEST, connect to creo session with OTK or Pro/Toolkit in 'simple async app' mode, handle GUI interactions with mapkeys and add command bracket functions for callbacks when 'internal' creo commands are used or use mocks for app's own commands. Make callbacks or mocks to return values (set states, etc)  to be checked with ASSERT_... or EXPECT_... gtest's macros.

This is very similar to what trail file approach would do but IMHO mapkeys would be easier to deal with.

HIH.

Top Tags