cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Text Symbol into Drawing table using toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Text Symbol into Drawing table using toolkit

Hello,

I am aware that I can enter text inside drawing table cell using API ProDwgtableTextEnter().

Manually, One can add text symbol into cell of drawing table by following below steps:

• Double click on cell of drawing table and Note Properties menu will open
  • Click on Text Symbol and Text Symbol menu will open
  • Click on required symbol and click close button

I would like to know how to add text symbol into Drawing table using toolkit.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
mender
6-Contributor
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

You enter it as ^A (control-A) then the character code for the symbol in question (for example 'n' for diameter) then ^B (control-B).  For example:  "Hole is ^An^B20 mm".  If you are not sure which character is right, make a note using the text symbol palette, and Save Note on it, and examine the resulting file.

Hello,

Thank you for this suggestion.

I tried with text as "Hole is ^An^B20 mm" through toolkit to write it into table cell. I regenerated drawing sheet also, but it does not change to diameter symbol.

Am I missing something which need to be done?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:mender)

Hi all,

^An^B is for UI assisted input, with Pro/Toolkit note text manipulation this will not work. What one needs to do is to create a number of  test notes containing various symbols via UI ( as the previous reply was saying)  and while in debug mode to examine wchar_t* data from Pro/Toolkit  note text lines - then one could see the correct hex values for symbol codes.

From about Pro/E 14 till Creo 3.0 ^A was 0x001 and ^B was 0x002, but I do not believe it was documented anywhere... For example the diameter symbol would be something like this: wchar_t *dia_txt = { 0x001, 'n', 0x002, 0x0} and to use is I would do something like snwprintf( some_text, PRO_LINE_SIZE-1, L"%ls %1.4f", dia_txt, some_double);

Also you may revert to the old style noteline text '{0:..}'

HIH.

Feliks.

Matthew Ender wrote:

You enter it as ^A (control-A) then the character code for the symbol in question (for example 'n' for diameter) then ^B (control-B).  For example:  "Hole is ^An^B20 mm".  If you are not sure which character is right, make a note using the text symbol palette, and Save Note on it, and examine the resulting file.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:FV)

Sorry, I was presuming familiarity with the ASCII representation of character codes.  I don't mean to say you enter it in your code using the control key, rather that the character codes are 0x1 and 0x2.  One representation in C would be

The hole is \001n\002 mm.

I have verified that this works with ProDwgtableTextEnter.

Hello,

Unfortunately, The hole is \001n\002 mm is not working with ProDwgtableTextEnter for me. I am having creo 2.0 M090.

For \001n\002, I am unable to understand this. ASCII value for A , B and control key are 001 , 002 and 0 respectively, it should not be 0001n0002 instead of  \001n\002?

I tried with 0001n0002 also, but no success.

Thanks for your patience and answering repeated question of mine.

regards

Ketan

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

\001n\002 as in printf( "%c%s%c", '\001', "n", '\002); or char *t={'\001', 'n', '\002', '\000'}; or char *t={0x1, 'n', 0x2, 0x0}; or std::cout <<'\001'<<"n"<<'\002';...

Top Tags