cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Toolkit and Visual Studio error

joe_c
12-Amethyst

Toolkit and Visual Studio error

I am getting an error in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, while loading the make_install.sln.   The error says:

"<creo_toolkit_loadpoint>\make_install.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file "make_install" cannot be found.  Please make sure you have installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64".

i have Creo 2.0 in 64-bit and VS installed in 32-bit. Is this problem that is asking me? ran it as admin and regular as well -same problem

thanks

c++.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Joseph -

I ran a Google search on the phrase "platform 'x64' referenced in the project file cannot be found" and found several pages where people reported this problem with Visual Studio 2010 Express, even though search string doesn't mention that application. Comments on at least two of those pages stated that VS 2010 Express does not contain a 64-bit compiler, even though the full version of VS 2010 does. The recommended solution was to download and install the Microsoft Platform SDK for x64.

Do you know whether you have a 64-bit compiler installed?

|+|  M a r k  |+|

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:MarkStallard)

Hi all,

With VS express one needs to install a platform sdk. There was a discussion a  number of years back with a good explanation how to use/configure the 'express' edition of VS.

HIH.

Feliks.

joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:FV)

The problem i read with SDK is only compatible with Windows 7 and below.  I am running windows 10 x64bit.  I take SDK will work for both x86 and x64 as well but has anyone it use with Windows 10?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2680

joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:joe_c)

Mark

Is that microsoft compiler same as Eclipse or Netbeans?  Because i havent downloaded either one just yet and was steering tores Eclipse.  Looks like MS Visual studio is similar to Eclipse. Will i be able to open the make_install.sln or vcproj files in Eclipse.. Visual Studio express is a huge bundle of basic, c++,c,webdeveloper,etc that i just cant justify installing it. Is it required? if we can get away with a more simple, compact version like Eclipse, i jump on it.

Mark, did you use MS Visual studio during the toolkit configuration?

Joseph -

Eclipse and Netbeans are IDEs that are typically used for Java. While Eclipse has an edition for C++, I don't know anybody who has used it for Creo Parametric Toolkit or OTK C++. On the other hand, I do know people how have successfully used the Microsoft Platform SDK (including myself) with Creo Parametric Toolkit on older versions of Creo (Wildfire 2).

PTC is quite clear when it states support only for specific versions of Microsoft compilers and libraries for Creo Parametric Toolkit. Once or twice I tried using something different, but I never succeeded.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Top Tags