cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Using ListFeaturesByType in VBA

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Using ListFeaturesByType in VBA

Hi, i've been trying to use ListFeaturesByType in VBA in Excel but didn't succeed. 

Sub FixParts()

On Error GoTo Error

' put your code here
    Dim model As IpfcModel

Set model = session.CurrentModel

'creating Fix Constraint
    Dim constraint As IpfcComponentConstraint
    Dim constructorOfConstraints As CCpfcComponentConstraint

Set constructorOfConstraints = New CCpfcComponentConstraint
    Set constraint = constructorOfConstraints.Create(EpfcASM_CONSTRAINT_FIX)

'component path
    Dim solid As IpfcSolid
    Dim features As IpfcFeatures

solid = CType(model, IpfcSolid)
    features = solid.ListFeaturesByType(True, EpfcFeatureType.EpfcFEATTYPE_COMPONENT)

'applying constraints

' end your code here

Done:
    Exit Sub

Error:
    Debug.Print Err.Description
    conn.Disconnect (5)
    Debug.Print "Disconnected"

End Sub

First thing. All examples that i've found using CType() function which is a converter from IpfcModel to IpfcSolid. But VBA doesn't have CType() functionality that's why it never succeeded.

How can i get IpfcSolid from IpfcModel and use ListFeaturesByType() function?

(whole purpose of this script is learing about functionaity of VBA API for Creo it has to apply fix constraint to each part in assembly)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laetitia.M
4-Participant
(To:ilyachaban)

Hello,

CType function is not supported in VBA. When you need to typecast to inherit methods you have  use the line

set x = y

in your example, replace the line with CType with :

set solid = model

On the subject of method inheritance, it's a bit out of subject, but something I discovered that I think may be useful to know :
Some child class methods of IpfcModelItem that use ModelItem objects as input need that object NOT DECLARED (like no Dim)
I had this with trying to add items to a layer, the model item required in IpfcLayer.AddItem (ModelItem) needs to be set without being declared.

I hope this helps you, good luck with vba, I'm in the middle of learning it too 🙂

Laetitia M

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

I use Tcl, if your current model is an assembly this one code line will return all active Feature IDs if the feature is a Component :

set FIDS [ps_visit type COMPONENT]

Do you really want to do your requests in Excel?

If you later need the component name in the current assembly (Top Level) provide the Feature ID:

set MDL_NAME [ps_assy component $FID ]

Have Fun with VBA

Laetitia.M
4-Participant

Hello,

CType function is not supported in VBA. When you need to typecast to inherit methods you have  use the line

set x = y

in your example, replace the line with CType with :

set solid = model

On the subject of method inheritance, it's a bit out of subject, but something I discovered that I think may be useful to know :
Some child class methods of IpfcModelItem that use ModelItem objects as input need that object NOT DECLARED (like no Dim)
I had this with trying to add items to a layer, the model item required in IpfcLayer.AddItem (ModelItem) needs to be set without being declared.

I hope this helps you, good luck with vba, I'm in the middle of learning it too 🙂

Laetitia M

Top Tags