cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

VB Creo Connection

hsb7
12-Amethyst

VB Creo Connection

Hi,

As I've understood CCpfcAsyncConnection.Connect() connects to existing Creo session with 4 variables and CCpfcAsyncConnection.ConnectById() connects with ID which have been used previously.

CCpfcAsyncConnection.Start() is a time consuming process, because it takes more time to open Creo and connect each time.

For the process I'm running i.e., Model renaming, regenerating and pdf generation (few simple processes), I'm only able to run the program 3 to 4 times. After that either the connection methods do not work. They both give errors. Every time I've to restart the system(PC) to start the process again.

So I was wondering if anyone has encountered this error and any solutions for it?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:hsb7)

To help troubleshoot:

First thing first: what error is thrown by what function? 

Second did when you say "run the program 3 to 4 times" does it mean your application is looping or do you restart the application manually? to clear this out, build a simple project from an example shipped with Creo (refrain from coding anything else than the provided) and test this out to see if the issue related with your code or Creo itself.

Finally as this ever worked before in a previous version? 

hsb7
12-Amethyst
(To:remy)

1. Error is thrown by function to Connect to Creo

shown in attached pic.

CreoConnectionError.jpg

2. I'm restarting the application manually. I'm checking the method suggested by you.

Thanks

Top Tags