cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

What kind of tasks/ models did you automate with J-Link?

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

What kind of tasks/ models did you automate with J-Link?

no need to go to too specific details, only if you could describe in a few (tens of) sentences.

I am looking to learn j-link, my objective is to automate the production of models and drawings of custom hydraulic cylinders and some machined standard-ish parts as much as possible.

currently we have pro/progarm for a config file + a shitload of relations, but the drawings themselves are quite basic. i would like to streamline model building - automatically suppressing some features based on params like pro/program can, but invisible from the perspective of the end user due to our older coworkers, because in some cases you can still reuse the feat, just by changing the underlying sketch (like centering surface that's on the outer surface of the flange can be on the same dia as the rest of the flange, with a shallow pocket (revolved cut - slightly lower dia) or a little larger diameter (revolve), which can't be done (all three of them) with today's model without modifying the feature. (there is at least a problem with zero-length lines and having to reverse the revolved cut feature to a revolve)

the drawings themselves are quite basic and i would like to automate what i can basically (i hope that also view positioning, when the scale changes).

regards, RJ

4 REPLIES 4

also, when they say, that async applications are slow (-er then in-process jlink), how slow are we talking about? does everything take seconds (ie traversing an asm tree, suppressing a feature), which add up?

I still plan to use J-Link for running tons of our legacy models through ModelCHECK and for bunch of drawing updates, but because of too much trouble with Windchill customization I'm prolly never gonna get to that. Well, one day maybe.

We also use loads of loads of lots of different relations especially in our assemblies which makes it hard to work with the models.

I've never made asynchronous J-Link to work, not even any basic example. So i can't really tell what's the deal with asynch.

Hi,

the following Jlink program with the following function was created:

- open base model of a copy geometry

- name a copy geom feature with the name and basetype of the base model, e.g. CG_source_sceleton_featureID

- Dialog for important parameter

- display the bounding box dimensions of a model

- SAP transaction based on information of the current model

- interactive mapkey list (html and Web/Link)

- dimensions of the bounding box (x, y, z dimensions)

These ones:

•  Fill parameters:
    • check values (dates, uppercase, non-empry, translate old materials, translate old names...)
    • delete old parameters, save value to new ones
  • fill some parameters automatically (today's date, user...)
  • change component parameters from real to int and designate them
  • export to pdf, dxf and text (bill of materials) and rename that export
    • export to pdf and add DRAFT watermak
  • calculate weight and surface and fill value to a parameter
  • convert family tables to independent models
  • recursively convert constraints of everything to fix
  • find errors in drawings
    • outdated notes
    • fake dimension
    • missing parameters in title block
  • check bills of materials
    • missing components
    • duplicated coponents
    • detect components that must be replaced
  • check if model is modified and not saved
  • export pipe info to text files (to import later to Excel)
  • open drawing with same name
  • export coordinates of points recursively (to get technical data)

BR

Daniel

Top Tags