cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Where do I get tutorials related to protoolkit?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Where do I get tutorials related to protoolkit?

Hello

protoolkit seems too hard to reach.
I do not have enough knowledge to refer the guide.

A tutorial is a great way to learn.
For example, how to create a menu, select a model to get parameters, etc...

Guides are difficult to understand because they only show some code and descriptions of the functions used.

Creating a simple menu requires resources, text, and so on.
I have seen example code and API wizards, but I do not understand at all.

If you have any resources to help you understand and use the toolkit features such as tutorials, please share them.

thanks

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:CHASEONHO)

Dear Chaseonho,

agreed tutorial and code examples are a different and for some people more efficient way to ramp-up.

This said some toolkit examples are shipped with Creo. See the following directory: <common files>\protoolkit\protk_appls. I would recommend to start with pt_examples.

Also browse the esupport knowledge base, you may find some sample codes there too. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
remy
21-Topaz I

Dear Chaseonho,

agreed tutorial and code examples are a different and for some people more efficient way to ramp-up.

This said some toolkit examples are shipped with Creo. See the following directory: <common files>\protoolkit\protk_appls. I would recommend to start with pt_examples.

Also browse the esupport knowledge base, you may find some sample codes there too. 

@remy

If you have some knowledge of some of the features I'm looking for, I would appreciate your sharing.
A dialog window appears, allowing you to select the model.
When a model is selected, subcomponents are displayed in a list.
If you select an object in the list, you can see the parameters.
I want to step on my step.
Please let us know if you have any information about the window to select the model, or an example of importing the subcomponents of the selected model.
Features such as mGlob.GetProESession.CurrentModel, pwlAssemblyComponentsGet in the web link

Thank you.

remy
21-Topaz I

@CHASEONHO  thank you for your prompt.

two things:

1. my reply was about protoolkit ie C language based API vs your request seems to pertain to weblink (html based). you can find some examples in the following folder: <common files>\weblink\weblinkexamples\jscript 
  2. given the amount of work that you require, i suggest that you file cases through you PTC support account

Also have a look to the customer support guide, to understand the actual scope of support: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/csguide/Guidelines_Legal/Requirements_for_Customization_Support 

thank you

Top Tags