cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarmenuPushbuttonAdd referenced in function _user_initialize

AndrzejKowalski
1-Newbie

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarmenuPushbuttonAdd referenced in function _user_initialize

Hello,

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarmenuPushbuttonAdd referenced in function _user_initialize

I have a problem with my 64-bit release of ProE 5.0 (protoolkit\x86e_win64 and prodevelop\x86e_win64 files). I can’t link my project on Windows XP 64-bit and Visual Studio 2008. I can see all needs ProE’s files inside obj directories (I mean LIB files) but the files seem to don’t include proper functions. I built the same project on 32-bit machine without any problems....strange.

Regards Andrzej.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Cut a long story short:

This preprocessor parameter caused the problems _X86_=1. This parameter WIN32 could be change too.

If you use Visual Studio 2005 to compile you project, you will need Microsoft HOT FIX because all lib files from PTC 5.0 was created in Visual Studio 2008.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949009/

Probably you need replace file wsock32.lib to netapi32.lib file in your configuration Linker->Input configuration.

Thank a lot Andrzej for myself answer.

Top Tags