cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

norm material Creo V7

Mickael
4-Participant

norm material Creo V7

Hello

Could you please help me with the issue below ?

When I create a new setting in a material inside CREO data base (for example, norm_material), I incorporate the setting into the material in order to it see in the part list on the drawing.  For that I use the following formula : norm = norm : MTRL_XX (XX means increment).

The issue here is : It does not work because of the increment. I don't want to add the norm manualy on each part, I want the material to  add automatically the norm from the materail setting into the part list instead. Like that i can change the part material and the linked norm follow with.

Looking forward for your return.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Mickael)

Hi Mickael

If you write : 

norm = norm:MTRL_XX (XX means increment)

I would say XX is the ID  you get if you insert from list, (Not an Increment).

This is by the way, an ugly way to get the ID. I did not found another way to get this ID.

If the Material S_235_JR contains this parameter "NORM" you have to make sure that you use the correct ID in your relations! Each material will have a different ID, if you set a new material your relation value for "NORM" will not change. Your Relation will reflect an update only if you change the correct Material ID Parameter Value (I have tested this).

You may also in trouble if you try to overwrite/re-read from file, because your relation may not longer work, you may blocked on re-read.

If you use this way:

NORM=material_param("NORM")

with this material file data:

PARAMETERS =
{
  Name = NORM
  Type = String
  Default = 'My Norm A'
  Access = Full
},

and for a different Material

PARAMETERS =
{
  Name = NORM
  Type = String
  Default = 'My Norm 1'
  Access = Full
},

the model parameter will update if you switch between this 2 material. That means, after 'Set as Master' your parameter NORM will reflect the value form the material parameter currently defined in this 2 materials. 

Note: Loading will only insert default values, you can change them at the model any time (on Full access), the material data is not automatically updating on open, you must re-open the material.

Don't forget to think about, what happens, if you use more than one body. Only the Active One will report the value. for the Model.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Create a sheet metal part, and check the relation how to deal with material file properties.

Your relation should word after a material change, it is  not depending on an ID.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:RPN)

…  should work …

Edit failed 😂

Mickael
4-Participant
(To:RPN)

It's my relation that's going wrong, (see screen shoot and previous)

But I can't find this parameter in the active materialtest2.jpg

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Hi Mickael

If you write : 

norm = norm:MTRL_XX (XX means increment)

I would say XX is the ID  you get if you insert from list, (Not an Increment).

This is by the way, an ugly way to get the ID. I did not found another way to get this ID.

If the Material S_235_JR contains this parameter "NORM" you have to make sure that you use the correct ID in your relations! Each material will have a different ID, if you set a new material your relation value for "NORM" will not change. Your Relation will reflect an update only if you change the correct Material ID Parameter Value (I have tested this).

You may also in trouble if you try to overwrite/re-read from file, because your relation may not longer work, you may blocked on re-read.

If you use this way:

NORM=material_param("NORM")

with this material file data:

PARAMETERS =
{
  Name = NORM
  Type = String
  Default = 'My Norm A'
  Access = Full
},

and for a different Material

PARAMETERS =
{
  Name = NORM
  Type = String
  Default = 'My Norm 1'
  Access = Full
},

the model parameter will update if you switch between this 2 material. That means, after 'Set as Master' your parameter NORM will reflect the value form the material parameter currently defined in this 2 materials. 

Note: Loading will only insert default values, you can change them at the model any time (on Full access), the material data is not automatically updating on open, you must re-open the material.

Don't forget to think about, what happens, if you use more than one body. Only the Active One will report the value. for the Model.

Announcements

Top Tags