cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

starting creo 2.0 with batch file for loading configs

kjohns101
1-Newbie

starting creo 2.0 with batch file for loading configs

Iusually make the loadpoint at c:\ptc\creo2.0, (no space) the batch file won't copy over from a network drive like wildfire, the text folder where the configs are readis now in Common Files/M030/text, there is a spacebetween Common Files so it won't copy past this point, take the space out and it won't even launch creo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Are you putting quotes around the parts with spaces in the name?

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.951.0168
website www.daktronics.com

What version of Windows are you running? I believe this is something that new versions of Windows blocks. Did you try to run your batch file as administrator (right click and choose "run as administrator")? I am told that works, but haven't had the best luck with it.

I made a work around to load my config.pro, config.win, and drawing dtl settings from a network location by creating a mapkey that loads the files. One click when the program first loads.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kjohns101)

Combining the 2 other replies...

Use " "s around the path with spaces in it. Windows will then parse the space properly.
Create a mapkey and run it automatically at started up of Creo to copy and set your config files.

I run my config.pro and *.dtl files directly from the network, no file copies to the local computer. One file gets edited and the change is there the next time my users login with no worries of the files getting mangles in network traffic. I have Pro/E loaded on a shared network drive, no local copies so the configs are still in <loadpoint>\text.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.
Top Tags