cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

.vb file called trough a mapkey - fails

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

.vb file called trough a mapkey - fails

To all

I am trying to learn CREO customisation so I am "playing" around with mapkey + .vb file.

I set up a mapkey 'OS Script' option pointing to a .vb file containing a simple test program. If I press 'run' I can see the command DOS window being open but then I get a request to select the app (windows 10) to run the .vb file. So far I have not found anything in the vbapi doc on the matter. How does one run any of the vbapi examples provided?

Thanks

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

@JBlackhole wrote:

To all

I am trying to learn CREO customisation so I am "playing" around with mapkey + .vb file.

I set up a mapkey 'OS Script' option pointing to a .vb file containing a simple test program. If I press 'run' I can see the command DOS window being open but then I get a request to select the app (windows 10) to run the .vb file. So far I have not found anything in the vbapi doc on the matter. How does one run any of the vbapi examples provided?

Thanks

Regards

Hi,

please upload your simple test .vb program and describe its functionality.

Martin Hanák

... and tell us installed Creo version.

Martin Hanák

Creo 5

Any program will do. Maybe the standard "Hello World" either displayed to a msgbox or in the status bar

something like that?

Public Class test1

Public Sub mytest1

Dim TheSession As pfcls.IpfcSession

Dim message As Istringseq
	 message = New Cstringseq
	 message.Set(0, "Hello World")
	TheSession.UIDisplayMessage("Title", "a message", message)

Msgbox("Hello World")

End Class

@JBlackhole wrote:

Creo 5

Any program will do. Maybe the standard "Hello World" either displayed to a msgbox or in the status bar

something like that?

Public Class test1

Public Sub mytest1

Dim TheSession As pfcls.IpfcSession

Dim message As Istringseq
	 message = New Cstringseq
	 message.Set(0, "Hello World")
	TheSession.UIDisplayMessage("Title", "a message", message)

Msgbox("Hello World")

End Class

Hi,

in attached document you will find decription of procedure I just finished. It may help you understand how Creo VBAPI works.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the info. I think I have read some of it (in the manual) (PRO_COM_MSG_EXE, etc) . Just haven't tested from xls as my attempt is to see if I can run a .vb file as-is. Having said that I will have ago at the test macro provided

Top Tags