cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How many tag per chanel on Kepware Server - IOT Gateway

TL_10544753
6-Contributor

How many tag per chanel on Kepware Server - IOT Gateway

We know about Mitsubishi-Etectric series in Q series.

Check the understanding of best practices in tags per channel on IoT gateways.

What is the maximum number of tags on IoT gateways?

TL_10544753_0-1725595566053.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:TL_10544753)

Greetings @TL_10544753 ,

The best practices for the number of tags per channel in an IoT gateway can vary depending on the specific gateway and the use case. However, a general guideline is to keep the number of tags per channel manageable to ensure optimal performance and reliability.

For example, in the case of Kepware’s KEPServerEX, it is recommended to limit the number of tags per channel to around 500 to 1000. This helps maintain efficient data processing and reduces the risk of communication bottlenecks.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TL_10544753
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

May I ask for How many tag per channel as the best practices , please share some example?

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greetings @TL_10544753 ,

The best practices for the number of tags per channel in an IoT gateway can vary depending on the specific gateway and the use case. However, a general guideline is to keep the number of tags per channel manageable to ensure optimal performance and reliability.

For example, in the case of Kepware’s KEPServerEX, it is recommended to limit the number of tags per channel to around 500 to 1000. This helps maintain efficient data processing and reduces the risk of communication bottlenecks.

Thanks.

TL_10544753
6-Contributor
(To:ntripathi)

if there are 20,000 tags.

Base on Kepware Manufacturing Suite

1. Maximum device channels.
  2. Maximum tags per channel.

We need guidance on how to support a large number of tags.

For example,

• For 500 tags, is using 1 node (IoT Gateway) sufficient?
  • For 1,000 tags, how many nodes are required?
  • For 5,000 tags, how many nodes are required?
  • For more than 10,000 tags, should we separate them into multiple nodes?
  • Are there any limitations we should be aware of?

Additionally, could you please suggest the IoT Gateway specifications for each level of tags mentioned above?

Thank you for your assistance.

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greetings @TL_10544753

I hope you're doing well.

I would request you please open a ticket to reach out to our Solution Consultant team. They will provide you with the best possible scenarios related to your query.

You can open a ticket by logging in here: Log In | My Kepware

Once you have opened a ticket, I will be able to track it and update your original post with possible solutions. This way, other community members can also benefit from your inquiry.

Hello @TL_10544753,

It looks like you have some responses from a community member. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Announcements

Top Tags