cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Inconsistencies in OPC UA Tag Alarms Visibility

SKSTech
4-Participant

Inconsistencies in OPC UA Tag Alarms Visibility

I am reaching out to address an ongoing issue I have encountered with OPC UA tags in my system. Despite correct configuration on the client side and the camera software visibly indicating alarms, these are not reflected in the client’s system, suggesting a possible interruption in data transmission between our camera software (OPC DA standard), KepwareEX 6.16 (OPC UA standard), and the client’s software.

Problem Description:

1. OPC DA Client Reconnecting: The server on the 'Camera' channel is attempting to reconnect due to a GetStatus failure, this error is displayed in kepware. I also see this error: access to object denied. | User = 'Data Client' , Object = ' Camera.Aira' , Permission = Dynamic Adressing. I have enabled the IP address firewall to allow the OPC UA IP address, maybe not correct. I also made adjustments to alarm settings in the camera software's web application have not resolved the issue.
  2. Softing OPC Toolbox Diagnostic: Tags within the OPC server group display as half red, half green, instead of fully green, indicating potential issues.

Questions and Assistance Required:

• Could you provide guidance on how to verify the integrity of the connection between the camera software and Kepware?
  • How can I ensure that the OPC UA configuration is correctly set up to reflect all active alarms on the client's system?

Your expertise and any additional insights you could provide would be invaluable as I aim to resolve these project issue and ensure reliable alarm transmission across my systems.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @LD_11905868,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Thanks for using the Community!

Best regards,
Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
SKSTech
4-Participant
(To:Catalina)

Hi Catalina,

Thank you for highlighting my post and for the suggestions! I'll consider adding screenshots to provide clearer context and enhance the query.

Appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Leo

SKSTech
4-Participant
(To:SKSTech)

SKSTech
4-Participant

@VladimirN @ScottInTexas I see that you are the top solution authors, Can you maybe help or do you know someone who can help?

ScottInTexas
6-Contributor

I'm sorry. I am unable to provide any guidance for this issue. I do not use OPC UA. 

Announcements

Top Tags