cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

IoT Rest Client Sent Empty Request

BI_10642779
4-Participant

IoT Rest Client Sent Empty Request

Hello, fellow Kepwarers,

I ran into a problem that my Iot agent sent only empty response to my Django backend. 
     I set up an IoT agent as Rest Client and added a simulation tag. So that whenever the value changed, the agent should have sent a POST HTTP request to my backend.  The template format were kept as the default settings. However, after I edited the tag value, the mechanism worked but the Django only recieved empty request (it showed "<QueryDict:{   }>").

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BI_10642779 

Can you check to see if the endpoint is using a TSL/SSL connection? If so, you will need adjust the URL in the Agent Properties to use “ssl://”. You will also want to verify if the Django application is expecting a POST or PUT  command. You will need to change the method setting to PUT if this what the Django application is utilizing. Since you are only testing with a single tag, I also recommend changing the default Narrow format to Wide Format. The Narrow format acts as a buffer. If adjusting these basic IoT Gateway Rest Client settings does not resolve the issue; I recommend opening a Support Ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team to analyze your configuration. Here is a link to my kepware portal login page where a support ticket can be logged:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@BI_10642779 

Can you check to see if the endpoint is using a TSL/SSL connection? If so, you will need adjust the URL in the Agent Properties to use “ssl://”. You will also want to verify if the Django application is expecting a POST or PUT  command. You will need to change the method setting to PUT if this what the Django application is utilizing. Since you are only testing with a single tag, I also recommend changing the default Narrow format to Wide Format. The Narrow format acts as a buffer. If adjusting these basic IoT Gateway Rest Client settings does not resolve the issue; I recommend opening a Support Ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team to analyze your configuration. Here is a link to my kepware portal login page where a support ticket can be logged:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags