cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

KEP connections issue

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

KEP connections issue

Hi, I am trying to connect to this Machine, but It's giving me unknown error. I started to do logging with debug and this was my output from the kepserv log. 

kep.png

As you can see it connects to the websocket, but right after it ends the connections. 

In cloud VMs and my local machine it works fine. But in this client machine it doesn't. I don't know why. 

Can anyone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:vxavier)

Hello guys,

Finally we have found the solution.

The problem was an update in an security software of the computer: 

Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

It was blocking the packages from being sent. 

After uninstalling it temporally, the connection was successful.

Thank you for your answers and support on this issue,

Vinicius Xavier.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Greetings @vxavier,

Thank you for sharing the Event Log with us, this is helpful. The important message is this one:

Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform <host>:<port>/<resource>, error: <Reason>

From the section of the KEPServerEX help manual found at that link, here are the recommended steps for solving this:

Possible Solution:

1. Verify that the host, port, resource, and application key are all valid and correct.

2. Verify that the host machine can reach the composer on the ThingWorx platform.

3. Verify that the proper certificate settings are enabled if using a self-signed certificate or no encryption.

I find I am able to reproduce the same sequence of log messages you are seeing if I do not have a valid Application Key entered, so I suspect this might be the cause of your failed connection.

Try creating a new Application key in Thingworx, then copy the keyId string (see screenshot 1).

Screenshot1Screenshot1

Then, paste the copied key into the KEPServerEX Project Properties (see screenshot 2).

Screenshot2Screenshot2

An additional note on the KEPServerEX Event Log: the additional Debugging/logging feature is usually not necessary for troubleshooting a failed connection. The message we are looking at would have posted in the standard Event Log (with the additional logging disabled).

Let us know if you have additional questions about any of this. Or, if this response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Best regards,

Steven M

This can be a firewall issue too..

make sure the port is open..

1. Verify that the host, port, resource, and application key are all valid and correct.

2. Verify that the host machine can reach the composer on the ThingWorx platform.

? 3. Verify that the proper certificate settings are enabled if using a self-signed certificate or no encryption.

I can just import the same project to another machine and it works fine.

I'll check the ports one more time, but from the client, the machine has not firewall activate and all ports are allowed. 

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:vxavier)

Hello guys,

Finally we have found the solution.

The problem was an update in an security software of the computer: 

Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

It was blocking the packages from being sent. 

After uninstalling it temporally, the connection was successful.

Thank you for your answers and support on this issue,

Vinicius Xavier.

Greetings @vxavier,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the connection issue.

Also, thank you for sharing the fix with us! This information will surely be very helpful for other users who might be facing the same problem.

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags