cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

KEPServerEX 6 - OPC DA Client Driver - _Error bit not showing errors

PLP-DL
3-Visitor

KEPServerEX 6 - OPC DA Client Driver - _Error bit not showing errors

I have an KEPServerEX 6 and have a installed one OPC DA Client connection.
This OPC DA Server is on the some Windows and the connection is working fine.

When i cancel the a Connection from the OPC DA Server to his clients the signal get Bad and then also
the Singal in the KEPServerEx get bad.

But the Problem is the _Error Bit of the Device in the KEPServerEX keeps false so i dont know that i have an error.

I tried then to activate the watchdog of the device but the KEPServerEX switch da setting back to deactivated without any message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajskumar
12-Amethyst
(To:PLP-DL)

Hello,

You were on right track to enabling watchdog.

• When a client application is connected to the runtime changes cannot be made to the configuration. Refer this article to make changes. 

Please Note, Bad quality of tags doesn't mean there is no connection, only that the target DA server  is refusing to send updates.

• The _Error tag switches to True when if a device has completed the cycle of request timeouts and retries without receiving any response

Without the Watchdog, users may not know whether a long time between update notifications is because the values associated with the group have remained the same or whether the underlying OPC server (or COM callback connection) has failed(in Exception mode)

• Because of this uncertainty, it is recommended that users employ a watchdog
  • Refer article CS310057 for How to Enable Watchdog 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rajskumar
12-Amethyst
(To:PLP-DL)

Hello,

You were on right track to enabling watchdog.

• When a client application is connected to the runtime changes cannot be made to the configuration. Refer this article to make changes. 

Please Note, Bad quality of tags doesn't mean there is no connection, only that the target DA server  is refusing to send updates.

• The _Error tag switches to True when if a device has completed the cycle of request timeouts and retries without receiving any response

Without the Watchdog, users may not know whether a long time between update notifications is because the values associated with the group have remained the same or whether the underlying OPC server (or COM callback connection) has failed(in Exception mode)

• Because of this uncertainty, it is recommended that users employ a watchdog
  • Refer article CS310057 for How to Enable Watchdog 
Top Tags