cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Kepware BacNET Connectivity and Troubleshooting

MF_10616011
2-Guest

Kepware BacNET Connectivity and Troubleshooting

I'm attempting to connect HVAC devices to my Kepware server through BacNET, but I'm having issues with the various settings and connectivity. I'm able to mine data directly from a single top-level bacNET device (router), but I can't seem to access child devices connected to the direct device within the network hierarchy, such as an arcNET network. 

Direct assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. 

I can supply pictures and examples from both kepware, and web applications if needed.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The driver communicates using the BACnet/IP protocol, it is possible to communicate with devices using other Data Link Technologies (such as MS/TP, LonTalk, ARCNET) if the driver is communicating through a gateway.

In this case, the BACnet MAC of the underlying device must be entered. The BACnet MAC is a hex string.

Example: An MS/TP device is connected to a gateway. The MS/TP has an MAC listed in the web configuration as 10. Since the web configuration displays the value in decimal, the value entered in BACnet MAC should be 0a.
Notes:
1. This property is only enabled if the Remote Data Link Technology property is set to Enable.
2. If the Network Interface selected for the channel is not connected to a BACnet/IP network, configure the channel to operate as a foreign device to discover devices.

For More details, Please refer driver help file here

If the issue persist; I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

BR,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The driver communicates using the BACnet/IP protocol, it is possible to communicate with devices using other Data Link Technologies (such as MS/TP, LonTalk, ARCNET) if the driver is communicating through a gateway.

In this case, the BACnet MAC of the underlying device must be entered. The BACnet MAC is a hex string.

Example: An MS/TP device is connected to a gateway. The MS/TP has an MAC listed in the web configuration as 10. Since the web configuration displays the value in decimal, the value entered in BACnet MAC should be 0a.
Notes:
1. This property is only enabled if the Remote Data Link Technology property is set to Enable.
2. If the Network Interface selected for the channel is not connected to a BACnet/IP network, configure the channel to operate as a foreign device to discover devices.

For More details, Please refer driver help file here

If the issue persist; I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

BR,

Top Tags