cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Name' Reason: (Blank)

LB_11012903
4-Participant

Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Name' Reason: (Blank)

This was working yesterday, and during the night Windows installed updates and restarted the computer (this is on a development computer for now). 

Not sure what the issue is. It connects to the DSN and says it is logging data. Then after that I get the recordset error, but no description of that the error may be.

LB_11012903_0-1712328086738.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LB_11012903 ,

The error message you are seeing is coming from the Operating System's DSN and indicates a problem between the DSN and the Table. Usually there is another user which has the table locked up. Please take a look at the knowledge base article in the following link

Article - CS323476 - Unable to Query Recordset on Log Group in PTC Kepware Products

If you are unable to locate the user that may have the table locked, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It says it can't see that table in SQL (why no reason was given is interesting) - was the table or a tag it needs modified in any way? Did you update Kepware revisions? I danced with this kind of thing and it was from a tag change I made months earlier that Kepware was able to deal with while it kept running, but once I stopped and re-started it, it would no longer process that group.

In my experience it's always been something basic and simple that I never look for initially. so I always wind up smacking my forehead. 

Sadly no. I have recreated tags, tables, and everything. Every time it stops, it happens. No-tag changes or table changes...

LB_11012903_0-1712446957482.png

@LB_11012903 ,

The error message you are seeing is coming from the Operating System's DSN and indicates a problem between the DSN and the Table. Usually there is another user which has the table locked up. Please take a look at the knowledge base article in the following link

Article - CS323476 - Unable to Query Recordset on Log Group in PTC Kepware Products

If you are unable to locate the user that may have the table locked, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

Chris,

Why no reason given? does that not get passed back to Kepware as part of DSN response? 

@SlidingDownhill 

Yes, the message gets passed to KEPServerEX from the DSN. Although there is typically a "reason" presented, it doesn't always get populated. In the few times I have seen no reason given, the issue was with another user locking up the database. 

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags