cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Writing data from KEPServerEX to RSLinx/ Allen Bradley PLC

CM_10929742
2-Guest

Writing data from KEPServerEX to RSLinx/ Allen Bradley PLC

Hi all,

I am currently working on having a manufacturing execution system (MES) my company uses to writeback values to one of the PLCs it talks to. Our MES is on a virtual machine, let's call it APP014 & Kepware is also installed on this server. RSLinx/our OPC topic configuration is held on a separate server, called "GE".

Our current communications configuration is using Kepware as a middleman to talk to RSLinx (in other words, Local Kepware to Remote RSLinx) so that we can retrieve tag values from our PLCs. This is done as a read only process; we are using these tag values to provide real-time data to our MES. However, OPC writeback has never been implemented.

Contacting the OEM of the MES, I am able to writeback tag values to the Kepware OPC server, but I would need a separate functionality that writes the values from the Kepware server back to RSLinx, in order to edit tags in the reverse.

Does anyone know a way to perform this?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello!

To enable writeback from your MES through Kepware to RSLinx, configure Kepware for write access and ensure RSLinx accepts write commands from Kepware. Set up OPC tags in Kepware for write operations and configure your MES to write to these tags. Perform testing to ensure the data updates correctly in RSLinx. Consult the documentation for Kepware and RSLinx for detailed setup and troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello!

To enable writeback from your MES through Kepware to RSLinx, configure Kepware for write access and ensure RSLinx accepts write commands from Kepware. Set up OPC tags in Kepware for write operations and configure your MES to write to these tags. Perform testing to ensure the data updates correctly in RSLinx. Consult the documentation for Kepware and RSLinx for detailed setup and troubleshooting.

Announcements

Top Tags