cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

datalogger sending a value even though quality is bad

DB_10549776
3-Visitor

datalogger sending a value even though quality is bad

I am using the Data Logger plugin to send machine status to a mySQL server.

I have machines that are offline but it is still sending a value into the database. for example, in the screenshot here, PARR-LINE-L sends CycleCount and Status to the database. it uses numeric ID 1.

it is sending in the quality as 0 meaning its quality is bad but also sending in the production count of 561. when i check the live data, the quality is bad because the machine is off but the value is marked as unknown. Why is it sending a value of 561?

Ifi delete the datalogger group for that machine and then recreate it it seems to work for a while and then goes back to doing this.

4 REPLIES 4

@DB_10549776,

The behavior seen is expected as described on the page of LInkMaster help file in the following link:

https://www.ptc.com/~/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/linkmaster-manual#page=25

The default setting is to display the last Good value if the tag quality goes to bad. You have the ability to change this behavior in the LinkMaster Tools > Options section of the application. 

Thanks,

*Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure this is the issue. I dont see any reference to Linkmaster in my software at all and when i look at that documentation it seems to be software to link between OPC servers.

I'm not doing that. I already have my data going into KepserverEx and have purchesed the Data Logger plugin. I've set up roughly 40 machines logging data to two different servers. Both seem to work fine and log correctly for around 6 hours and then if the machine is returning 0 as quality, they log the last value rather than the actual value of 0.

@DB_10549776

I apologize for sending the LinkMaster material as it does not apply to your set up. I feel the issue you have encountered is related to how you have configured your DataLogger Trigger conditions. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Support team so a deeper analysis can be performed on your exact set up. Here is a link to the MyKepware login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Hi Chris,

I put a support ticket in over a week ago about this and havent heard anything since. I've escalated my case and still had no reply from a human being. 

Top Tags