cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

4 Axis Milling

pgf545
7-Bedrock

4 Axis Milling

I ran a 4 axis tool path a while ago and didn't have any trouble. This was with Creo 2.0, we just switched to Creo 5.0 and now I am having trouble doing it now. I am trying to do a surface mill but it only shows 3 axis available. I went back and looked at the Work center and I have the number of axis's picked to 4. I used this same work center on the other program but it doesn't seem to work the same. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or if I am missing a setting somewhere else. Can someone give me some hints?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pgf545)

When you upgraded to Creo 5 you had to also upgrade the license server. Is it possible that:

(1) Your license server wasn't correctly upgraded and is missing the necessary license data for the 5 axis manufacturing stuff? (Yes, 5 axis, to do true 4 axis you need the 5 axis license)

(2) The name of the license for manufacturing has changed and you aren't looking for it?

(3) When you installed Creo 5 on your machine, you didn't include the manufacturing licenses? I think the default is just to look for the basic program functions, but I could be wrong.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

When you upgraded to Creo 5 you had to also upgrade the license server. Is it possible that:

(1) Your license server wasn't correctly upgraded and is missing the necessary license data for the 5 axis manufacturing stuff? (Yes, 5 axis, to do true 4 axis you need the 5 axis license)

(2) The name of the license for manufacturing has changed and you aren't looking for it?

(3) When you installed Creo 5 on your machine, you didn't include the manufacturing licenses? I think the default is just to look for the basic program functions, but I could be wrong.

Thanks Ken, I refreshed the licenses and clicked on NC Complete and it seems to be working now. Maybe I just hadn't done the proper refresh. I know the company has been messing with servers and such so maybe it got lost for a while.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Yeah, the license stuff is a tricky beast. I've had more troubles with that than most of the other stuff. Getting a license file that includes all the things we are actually paying for has been a chore, in the past. But a lot of that is because we've been using Pro/E then Creo since 1994...

Top Tags