cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

4axis Flow channel roughing

Todd_Reiter
5-Regular Member

4axis Flow channel roughing

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.3.0

I have a round part with a "flow channel" that I am trying to rough out trying to pick mill. My work around is to use 4axis trajectory with full size ball endmills and axis shift tools paths.

Any ideas? I have tried cutline however, Can only get the bottom of the radius pick milled.

Todd_Reiter_0-1641579035665.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Todd_Reiter 

If my understanding of your business need is correct, you need a 5 Axis High Speed Milling (ptc.com) which is:

• an enhancement introduced in Creo Parametric 8.0 nicely documented (with a movie accessible from above link, and registered by Pro/NC Product Manager)
  • requires 3AXIS_HSM and 3_AND_5_AXIS_HSM licenses, according to what is documented in Help Center here

If you do not have above licenses, and/or no plan to move to Creo 8.0 from a short term perspective, you may consider approaching this with a Swarf Milling sequence:

You can also access an outdated, but nevertheless probably helpful because still effective (still accessing Menu Manager in Creo 7.0) suggested technique on this here.

Regards,

Serge

sacquarone_0-1641821941411.png

Todd_Reiter
5-Regular Member
(To:sacquarone)

Thank you, for the information. 

Top Tags