cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Adding G90 in post processor

joshuataylor
1-Newbie

Adding G90 in post processor

Hello all, I am putting together a post processor and want to add a G90 whenever a workoffset is called. I assume it is a FIL routine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This little chunk of code from my post-processor is how I handle the offset being set in the CIM file:

CIMFIL/ ON, SET, OFSETL

OFSTYP = POSTF ( 6, 5 )

OFSREG = POSTF ( 7, 5 )

IF ( OFSTYP .EQ. 1 ) THEN

IF ( OFSREG.GE.54.AND.OFSREG.LE.59.AND.CURREG.NE.OFSREG ) THEN

CURREG = OFSREG

OFSCMD = TEXT/ 'G', CONVI, OFSREG, 2, '$'

INSERT/ OFSCMD

ENDIF

ENDIF

CIMFIL/ OFF

Perhaps you could use this to add your own additional commands? The available documentation on doing this stuff is rather lacking. It's like some sort of arcane language.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Taylor,

In your FIL file you may try something like this:

CIMFIL/ON,OFSETL

DMY=POSTF(20)

POSTN/OUT,7,90

DMY=POSTF(21)

DMY=POSTF(13)

CIMFIL/OFF

CIMFIL is the way to capture certain commands in the CL file. In this particular example OFSETL

DMY is the return value for each function. I thas no particular use in this example.

POSTF(20) store the current command

POSTN/OUT,7,90 - output the G90 code

POSTF(21) recalls the stared command and POSTF(13) execute the command.

The G-post and FIL manuals are located in the <load-point>\<Machine-type>\gpost directory:

... Creo 2.0\Common Files\M110\x86e_win64\gpost\V64_GPost_CD_Manual.pdf

... Creo 2.0\Common Files\M110\x86e_win64\gpost\V64_FIL_CD_Manual.pdf

Look at section 2.5.1 in the FIL manual for more details about the CIMFIL routines.

I have been trying something similar (using INSERT instead of POSTN) but it seems to be ignored

G90inseert.JPG

It looks like you are trying to output the G91 G28 Z0 and M1 before each tool change? Is this correct?

Yes

Strange. For me is working both with INSERT and with POSTN:

CIMFIL/ON,LOADTL

DMY=POSTF(20)

$$ POSTN/OUT,7,90,7,28,26,0

INSERT/'G91 G28 Z0$'

OPSTOP

DMY=POSTF(21)

DMY=POSTF(13)

CIMFIL/OFF

Also I found that there is one more way to do this. Take a look at the attached picture.

tool_change.jpg

It works at with LOADTL, that is where I insert the G91 G28 Z0 and M01, but I want the G90 for workoffset changes when there is no tool change.

Thank you for working through this with me.

Josh

looking at the CL file, it looks like CIMFIL should be run on SET

from file: SET / OFSETL, 54 but whe I do I get a minor word error.

Interesting is that if I don't use SET then OFSTNO shows up in .lst instead of OFSETL.

Josh

This little chunk of code from my post-processor is how I handle the offset being set in the CIM file:

CIMFIL/ ON, SET, OFSETL

OFSTYP = POSTF ( 6, 5 )

OFSREG = POSTF ( 7, 5 )

IF ( OFSTYP .EQ. 1 ) THEN

IF ( OFSREG.GE.54.AND.OFSREG.LE.59.AND.CURREG.NE.OFSREG ) THEN

CURREG = OFSREG

OFSCMD = TEXT/ 'G', CONVI, OFSREG, 2, '$'

INSERT/ OFSCMD

ENDIF

ENDIF

CIMFIL/ OFF

Perhaps you could use this to add your own additional commands? The available documentation on doing this stuff is rather lacking. It's like some sort of arcane language.

Fantastic!

If any one else uses this you need to set an initial value for for CURREG ( 0 is fine). I commented out the redundancy lines and added a B0, we control index values with the work offset.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Can anybody help me in getting Post processors for HAAS VF4 (HRT210 - 4th Axis) and HAAS ST20Y (Turn mill)?

Your help is highly appreciated.

email: vsnprasad.k@mechoptronix.com

Thanks in advance.

Top Tags