cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CREO DETAILING TEMPLATES

bponnusamy
1-Newbie

CREO DETAILING TEMPLATES

Hello Guys,

I've been working in a small scale industry for Past 2years Here i don't follow any Drawing standards. I do Detail the drawings with necessary dimensions for manufacturing thats it.

But In Interview They are asking about a Drawing standards whether i Follow ISO or ASME standards when I say I don't adhere any standards I get rejected.

Can you please tell me how to Detailing drawings according to any standards It would me helpful if you guys can provide me with any of your standard Templates of A4 and A3 Sizes

I can learn to make use of it.

Thank you

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bponnusamy)

The template is not the standard.

You need ASME y14.100 and asme y14.5 and/or ISO 128 and ISO 129.

Google those to get an idea of what the standards look like.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

The template is not the standard.

You need ASME y14.100 and asme y14.5 and/or ISO 128 and ISO 129.

Google those to get an idea of what the standards look like.

Thank you for the reply I will study the standards.

Can i get a A4 Sample template of yours it would be much helpful.

Thanks

Babu

To say that you are not working to any standards not true.

By using this software, you are using standards, you are just not "aware".

You may need to customize to fit the needs of your company and customers, but the standards allow for this.

In the ASME world, the lead document is ASME Y14.100 and this will be broken down into sub categories such as:

Y14.1 Decimal Inch Drawing sheet size and format, Y14.1M Metric Drawing sheet size and format

Y14.2 Line conventions and lettering

Y14.3 Multi-view and Sectional view drawings

Y14.5 Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing

and so on....

In the ISO world

128  Technical drawings - general principles of presentations

129  technical drawings - dimensioning - general principles

1101 parts I and II, technical drawings, geometrical tolerancing

and the list is long....

Some education on standardization should be high on the priority list.

Thank you for the reply I will study the standards.

Can i get a A4 Sample template of yours it would be much helpful.

Thanks

Babu

You can find templates in the default proe load directory

c:/program files/PTC/Creo 2.0/Common Files/<build>/templates

This contains some start parts along with various .drw templates.

You can create your own "format" or .frm by saving one of the templates as a .frm file type or modifying an existing.

do some searching on the site for creating templates or drawing formats for more detailed help

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Along with what Ron said, also open any drawing you have created. Go to FILE - PREPARE - DRAWING PROPERTIES - detail options CHANGE.

This is the drawings setup you have been using. Look through the options. There are many many options that have been set to STD_ISO or STD_ASME or many others.

This will show you what drawing standard your Creo setup is using. These options and formats and templates don't "teach" you standards. You must read through the standards to learn what the requirements are.

Top Tags