cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

DSTV Compliant Files

eng_sentechas
10-Marble

DSTV Compliant Files

My company uses Creo to design large scale glass facades and other highly customized designs for the architectural market. Some of our parts are very special and some are typical steel cross sections.

My company is about to purchase an  OCEAN AVENGER PLUS DRILL LINE.  The AvengerPlus requires a DSTV compliant file which has a .nc or .nc1 file format files.

Does anybody have experience  with converting Creo parts into a DSTV compliant file?

Any help would be great.

Thanks. Steve

3 REPLIES 3

This CNC beam line uses a Siemens 840D controller. So I guess I need to have a post written for me to make this work.

Anyone recommend a company to write the post?

Don't know what DSTV is. Google seems to imply it's some sort of television???

For post processors, the general advice is one of these:
(1) If it's a simple machine controller, you might be able to use one of the existing post processors to generate the NC files from the Creo NCL files.

(2) You might be able to modify an existing post processor to give you the formatting of G-code you need. This requires a bit more knowledge and maybe some programming of a sort.

(3) You can outsource the development of the G-Code to someone like Austin NC or ask the folks you bought your Creo licenses from and they'll probably have a suggestion as to who can supply you.

Did you receive any information yet?

A DSTV (Deutscher Stahlbau Verband) compliant nc file is a text file that describes the geometry of steel part.

We have written a module for Creo Elements Direct/Modeling that allows the export of those files. The module can import different neutral (step, ...) and proprietary formats and convert them to nc files. For more Information see klietsch.com

Top Tags