cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Does Production Machining give .tap and g-code functionality?

dmayfield
4-Participant

Does Production Machining give .tap and g-code functionality?

Will the production machining option in Creo give me the ability to post process my models in manufacturing mode to a .tap file. Will it also post process to g-code and does it come with the basic drivers to post to g-code?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:dmayfield)

Dustin,

Yes the production machining has the ability to post process files to G Code using G Post from Austin NC. All the manufacturing  modules have the ability except for expert machinist as I found out a while ago.

There is a large assortment of pre built posts in the support portal that you can use or build your own using them as starting points.

Steve L.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Dustin,

Yes the production machining has the ability to post process files to G Code using G Post from Austin NC. All the manufacturing  modules have the ability except for expert machinist as I found out a while ago.

There is a large assortment of pre built posts in the support portal that you can use or build your own using them as starting points.

Steve L.

dmayfield
4-Participant
(To:SteveLucas)

The large assortment of pre-built posts are located here: http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/ncgp4905/ncgp4905.htm correct?

Thanks!

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Those are the ones. can't you find what you are looking for?

You can also check out the one that Austin N.C. has, this may be more up to date.

Austin N.C. - Mill Postprocessor Library

dmayfield
4-Participant

Those are all fine, was just checking if that was the full library! Thanks so much

Top Tags