cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Manually control direction of B-axis travel

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Manually control direction of B-axis travel

I understand that you can set the default direction in the work center, but how do you override the default direction when you need the table to rotate in a specific direction?

For example, my table is set to rotate the shortest direction, but sometimes the shortest direction will cause a crash with the part.  So how do I manually control if the table is going B+ or B-?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nlehman
12-Amethyst
(To:nlehman)

Manual Table Rotation

So far I have found two solutions to manually control the table, and they both need to be entered into CL DATA under the tool motions tab in a sequence.  The first uses a “rotabl” command, this needs to have a “RAPID” command entered before it, or it will default to having a federate output with it.

*Example

RAPID

ROTABL/ATANGL,90,CCLW
This will output B-90.in the code.  If the RAPID command is not entered, it will output will output "B-90.F10.", there is some default feedrate that it is getting from somewhere.

The other option is a “rotate” command, I am not to sure of the differences.  This command seems to have clockwise and counterclockwise reversed of how you would imagine them to be used.  This is either a post issue on my end, or it is how this command perceives the rotation.  If it thinks that the head is moving instead of the table, then the direction it outputs would be correct.

*Example
ROTATE/BAXIS,ATANGL,90,CLW
This will output B-90. in the code

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nlehman
12-Amethyst

I am able to put "ROTABL/ATANGL,BAXIS,CCLW" into CL COMMAND under tool motions, but it throws in a random feedrate of 10. out of nowhere 

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Manual Table Rotation

So far I have found two solutions to manually control the table, and they both need to be entered into CL DATA under the tool motions tab in a sequence.  The first uses a “rotabl” command, this needs to have a “RAPID” command entered before it, or it will default to having a federate output with it.

*Example

RAPID

ROTABL/ATANGL,90,CCLW
This will output B-90.in the code.  If the RAPID command is not entered, it will output will output "B-90.F10.", there is some default feedrate that it is getting from somewhere.

The other option is a “rotate” command, I am not to sure of the differences.  This command seems to have clockwise and counterclockwise reversed of how you would imagine them to be used.  This is either a post issue on my end, or it is how this command perceives the rotation.  If it thinks that the head is moving instead of the table, then the direction it outputs would be correct.

*Example
ROTATE/BAXIS,ATANGL,90,CLW
This will output B-90. in the code

nlehman
12-Amethyst

I had already marked the correct answer, but I have since found that the actual correct answer was to use a "Manual Cycle".  I was not aware of manual cycle and want to document their existence for people that may have a similar question as mine.

The Manual Cycle is located on the Mill tab, and then milling.  Manual cycle is the only tool path for which a tool is optional.

ca.png

Top Tags