cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Modifying H# in Post Output

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Modifying H# in Post Output

I am trying to create a post for a machine that requires all H#'s to be H1 and all D#'s to be D02. The way I do this now is to put the 1 for the H# in the Tool Offset in the Tools Setup. And for the D02 I put it in the Cutcom Register for each sequence. This becomes a problem when I want to change the job to another machine. I have to go through each tool and each sequence which is very time consuming.

I can get the D#'s to work by unchecking the box in Gpost where it says "Output the tool number as the diameter offset when not specified." This outputs all of the D#'s as D0 and then I use a fil command to change it to D02.

$$ Replace D0 with D02

T4 = TEXT/'D0'

T5 = TEXT/'D02'

REPLAC/T4,T5

There is a similar check box in the Tool Change Sequence tab in Gpost but instead of outputting the H0 it does not output the G43H# line at all. Is there a way I can get the G43H# line to output with this unchecked? Or is there a way to write a REPLAC command where I can replace a range of numbers (H1 thru H99) with H1? I guess worst case scenario I could write the REPLAC command above individually for every possible H#, but I would rather keep my FIL as clean as possible.

I am using CREO 2.0 M070

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Figured it out.....

I have a Cimfil routine to catch the first GOTO move after a toolchange and add a G90 to it, which also outputs the first "Z" move on the next line with the G43 and the H#. Before it executes this CL command, I can override the INTCOM value for 1492 (which is the Length Offset Number) to 1. Here is how it looks....

CIMFIL/ON,5,5 $$CATCH THE GOTO POINTS

DMY=POSTF(20) $$SAVE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

IF(LTSW.EQ.1)THEN $$FIRST MOVE AFTER LOADTL

LTSW=0 $$RESET THE LOADTL SWITCH

ENDIF

PREFUN/90,NEXT $$OUTPUT G90 WITH NEXT BLOCK

DMY=POSTF(2,1,1942,1) $$Set INTCOM value for H# to 1

INSERT/'M56H1D2$'

DMY=POSTF(21) $$RELOAD THE SAVED CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(13) $$EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(26,5,5,0) $$TURN OFF THIS CIMFIL/ON,5,5 ROUTINE

CIMFIL/OFF

It will output G43 Z### H1 for every tool.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Figured it out.....

I have a Cimfil routine to catch the first GOTO move after a toolchange and add a G90 to it, which also outputs the first "Z" move on the next line with the G43 and the H#. Before it executes this CL command, I can override the INTCOM value for 1492 (which is the Length Offset Number) to 1. Here is how it looks....

CIMFIL/ON,5,5 $$CATCH THE GOTO POINTS

DMY=POSTF(20) $$SAVE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

IF(LTSW.EQ.1)THEN $$FIRST MOVE AFTER LOADTL

LTSW=0 $$RESET THE LOADTL SWITCH

ENDIF

PREFUN/90,NEXT $$OUTPUT G90 WITH NEXT BLOCK

DMY=POSTF(2,1,1942,1) $$Set INTCOM value for H# to 1

INSERT/'M56H1D2$'

DMY=POSTF(21) $$RELOAD THE SAVED CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(13) $$EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(26,5,5,0) $$TURN OFF THIS CIMFIL/ON,5,5 ROUTINE

CIMFIL/OFF

It will output G43 Z### H1 for every tool.

Announcements

Top Tags