cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ModuleWorks Ball end mills look like chamfer tools?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

ModuleWorks Ball end mills look like chamfer tools?

Running Module works my ball end mills and bull nose end mills look like chamfer mills ?

Any one else seen this? the picture below is a .0625 ball end mill.

ball end mill.JPG

This picture is a .125 .020 corner radius tool that looks like a chamfer mill.

bullnose end mill.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Do you think it could be some sort of weird resolution problem? Maybe tools are shown with massively chunky faceting when they're revolved circular profiles? Does the executed simulation look okay?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

the simulation seems to be Okay at least it doesn't show any gouges as far as I can tell. A little training on how to set this Moduleworks up or how everything works would help to be sure I am using it correctly. Not much in the help files yet on Moduleworks.

If I run the program sequences using the standard play path the tools are correct. they are also correct if run the G coded program in

NCSimul which is my go to program for checking before sending my programs to the shop floor. I use the Vericut now Moduleworks for quick checks while programming.

It just doesn't look right with the radius as an angle.

I suppose I will have to upgrade to the latest build to be able to play with this new toy. I used to have an external checking tool (NC Verify) that I'd use in addition to the NC Check functionality of Creo. It had the added advantage of working with actual G-Code, so I could attempt to figure out just what a 15-year old program was supposed to do.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

By the way, do you know if it's possible to use Vericut and NC Check ? We have to choose between these two, but it could be convenient to use both of them.

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite
(To:SteveLucas)

Steve, please send me the call number and we will analyze the problem. Send me the number to my email -

BTW, I would like to have a web session to give a quick demo and listen your concerns/findings of this new functionality. What about next week, Thursday 14th 9:00 AM EST?

Thanks

Jose

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite
(To:SteveLucas)

Hello, please use the link below, to see a demo the new Material Removal functionality, based on Moduleworks technology. Also, we want to get feedback from those users that already tried the functionality

This session will be next Thursday April 14th, 2016 . From 8:00 to 9:00 AM EST. Thanks Jose Event Number: 803 940 996 Event Password: This meeting does not require a password. ------------------------------------------------------- To start this online event -------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to https://ptc.webex.com/ptc/j.php?MTID=ebade4b91803880de2ba1468331b92a5c

2. Log in to your account.

3. Click "Start Now".

4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to join the teleconference. ------------------------------------------------------- Audio conference information ------------------------------------------------------- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code. US TOLL FREE: +1-855-282-6330 US TOLL: +1-415-655-0003 Global call-in numbers: https://ptc.webex.com/ptc/globalcallin.php?serviceType=EC&ED=454652827&tollFree=1 Toll-free dialing restrictions: https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf Access code: 803 940 996 https://www.webex.com

Top Tags