cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problem with G41 cutter compensation in a volume milling

RJ_FR
8-Gravel

Problem with G41 cutter compensation in a volume milling

Hello,

On my part, I use the volume milling function to create a slot diameter 4.2mm at the bottom of a side pocket in my part. For that I use an end mill diameter 4 and it works well.

creo2.png

But when I try to use the cutter compensation (G41), nothing changes in the Gcode file.

creo 3.png

creo 4.png

I have other sequences such as profile milling and the G41 is correctly converted into the GCode.

It never works with volume milling?

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:RJ_FR)

From what I can find it seems that the volume milling does not use cutter compensation. The discussions I've seen seem to indicated that people use volume milling to rough out the pocket, then a second toolpath to finish the walls with cutter compensation. For example, see this discussion:

Volume Cutter Comp Discussion 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:RJ_FR)

From what I can find it seems that the volume milling does not use cutter compensation. The discussions I've seen seem to indicated that people use volume milling to rough out the pocket, then a second toolpath to finish the walls with cutter compensation. For example, see this discussion:

Volume Cutter Comp Discussion 

Ok, thanks for the answer. 

It's really weird. On a pocket milling function, i have the option for using the cutter compensation. But when i activate it despite of my entry and exit trajectory in straight line i have this warning and no G41 in the gcode.

Sans titre.png

KenFarley you are right, by doing research on the Creo help site I found this link https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS179859

which specifies this :

Annotation 2022-11-13 181853.png

Why this function appears in these sequences (volume milling and pocket milling) if it does not works ?!

Top Tags