cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Problems when trying to get the G-code on PTC Creo Manufacturing

ddiaz
1-Newbie

Problems when trying to get the G-code on PTC Creo Manufacturing

I get an error while trying to get the G-Code of a machining operation.

I have the uncx files saved in the correct folder.

I have done the same procedure on other computer and i dont have this problem.

what could i do to fix this issue?

error creo.png

Thank you for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
pushkarkhanna
13-Aquamarine
(To:ddiaz)

Hi Daniel,

Your target g-code file with the same name might already be open in another program or you might not have the rights to write in the folder defined in "pro_mf_tape_dir"

Pushkar

where is that folder?, I tryed to find it but i couldn´t.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:ddiaz)

My best guess is that your full directory name that you are trying to write to is too long. There is a character limit, I don't remember the number of letters, but if you exceed the limit it will not write your file. I found this out because people in our company have adopted the custom of naming directories things like "Customer Order XXXX with New Definition 2012-01-12 Modification 2" and once you have a few sub-directories branching off those sentence-long names, you hit the limit.

How do I avoid this mess? I did the following:

(1) I have a directory on my C: drive, called "C:\ptc"

(2) I created a sub-directory of that one, called "NCFiles"

(3) I added the following lines to my config.pro to tell Creo where to look for the .CL files created by Creo, and where to put the .tap files created by the post-processor

pro_mf_cl_dir C:\ptc\NCFiles

pro_mf_tape_dir C:\ptc\NCFiles

Thus, when I output the CL files they go in the above directory, and when I post-process one the "tape" file goes in the same place. An added benefit is that I don't have a bunch of extra files scattered around, they're all in this one place.

The only other thing I can think of is if there is already a ".tap" file of the same name as the one you are trying to write that you do not have the permissions to overwrite.

Top Tags