cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

changing the size of a mold base

mmello
10-Marble

changing the size of a mold base

I need your help

The standards of the Mold Base in the Brazil are different of the European suppliers.

How do I create a copy of the complete mold base (eg Futuba) and change the dimensions?

(Example: Distance between columns, distance pin return, etcetera). 

You would have any instruction or video material to help me?

Thank you for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:mmello)

Hello Mauricio,

Have you ever used the Moldbase Editor in EMX. This is a tool to manipulate the moldbase data that is provided by EMX.

moldbase editor.PNG

Okay, next Step: What you would like to do is adding a completely new supplier which is maybe called “DME Brazil” maybe? ( I have seen a supplier like this in some other customers configs)

moldbase editor 1.PNG

We will copy the existing “d-m-e” data and rename it “d-m-e_brazil”

moldbase editor 2.PNG

Now you already have a new supplier showing up in the Moldbase Definition Dialog and you can also manipulate the values of the new supplier with the Moldbase Editor

moldbase editor 3.PNGmoldbase editor 4.PNG

The values of the suppliers “d-m-e” and “d-m-e_brazil are now completely identical.

It is up to you what you are doing with the “d-m-e brazil” values.

Here is a quick overview of the mold base editor functionalities:

moldbase editor 5.PNGmoldbase editor 6.PNGmoldbase editor 7.PNG

Adding new suppliers is a big project and be careful with the plate values, otherwise it may occur that customers will order plates with wrong sizes.

Have a nice day,

Thomas

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags