cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

program for deleting duplicate files( parts, drawings)

ptc-4800138
1-Newbie

program for deleting duplicate files( parts, drawings)

Hello,

I'm a student machine engineering and use student version of creo 2 parametric and now we draw and sketch many parts and I see that I have many duplicates in the working directory could someone hepl me to find program for deleting dublicats.Thank you very much for your answers!!!

Greetings

Snezhana

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HELLO!

SOLUTION TO PROBLEM HAS ALREADY DISCUSSED.I JUST WANT TO ADD IN MY CASE I'VE PLACED "OPEN SYSTEM WINDOW" COMMAND IN QUICK ACCESS TOOL BAR AND RENAMED THE PURGE.EXE FILE AS P.EXE,AND IT TAKES ONLY SINGLE CLICK,TYPE P AND HIT ENTER,YOU ARE DONE.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4800138)

When you say duplicates, do they have different extensions? (i.e. thing1.prt.1, thing1.prt.2, thing1.prt.3, ....)

Snezhana,

I think you are referring different versions (.prt.1, .prt.2.....) as duplicates. To clear such files you can use the menu picks suggested by Steven or manually purge the files in the working directory, as:

1. Set the working directory in which you would like to remove older versions.
  2. Select "Command Search" (magnifier sign) in Top right corner
  3. Type Open System Window
  4. Click on Open System Window, this will open a DOS Window
  5. Type purge in that and hit enter, this will remove earlier versions of files
  6. Close DOS Window to resume Creo 2.0

The difference in Purge and the "Delete Older versions" suggested by Steven is:

---- "Delete Older versions" will delete earlier versions of that specific file in which you are using this command.

---- "Purge" will remove earlier versions of all files in that folder (Working Directory).

Good Luck.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4800138)

I prefer Spurge.exe for this operation because you can choose how many of the last iterations that you can keep. I typically keep the last 4 versions just in case something happens. This number is arbitrary and can be set to your own preference.

Thanks, Dale

HELLO!

SOLUTION TO PROBLEM HAS ALREADY DISCUSSED.I JUST WANT TO ADD IN MY CASE I'VE PLACED "OPEN SYSTEM WINDOW" COMMAND IN QUICK ACCESS TOOL BAR AND RENAMED THE PURGE.EXE FILE AS P.EXE,AND IT TAKES ONLY SINGLE CLICK,TYPE P AND HIT ENTER,YOU ARE DONE.

Top Tags