cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Cannot Retrieve MathCad 14 license over the Internet - Server Error

Ermalinda
1-Newbie

Cannot Retrieve MathCad 14 license over the Internet - Server Error

I had a PC failure and now need to reinstall MATHCAD 14 (yes, old version, I know). I installed the software with no problem, but when I go to retrieve the license code over the internet, I continually receive a server error, with some gibberish language in a dialog box about a header being wrong or something. I just need to get the software license so I can get back to work. I have all of the product codes and CDs, and have been a MathCad user since version 8. Please help - this is quite frustrating. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vladimir:

Thank you for engaging. Well, this was unexpected --  I came in this morning, saw your message, and reinitiated the sequence to fetch the license from the server so that I could take the screen shot and send it to you. BUT this time, it worked perfectly, and my MathType 14 is now functioning. 

I have no idea what happened between yesterday and today -- I had tried the sequence repeatedly with no success yesterday afternoon, getting that server error message (which I now cannot recreate.). I didn't reboot either from yesterday. So, I imagine this is an issue that will remain in the category of either an intermittent glitch, or a mystery. 

Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Please provide a screenshot of the error that appears on your screen.

Vladimir:

Thank you for engaging. Well, this was unexpected --  I came in this morning, saw your message, and reinitiated the sequence to fetch the license from the server so that I could take the screen shot and send it to you. BUT this time, it worked perfectly, and my MathType 14 is now functioning. 

I have no idea what happened between yesterday and today -- I had tried the sequence repeatedly with no success yesterday afternoon, getting that server error message (which I now cannot recreate.). I didn't reboot either from yesterday. So, I imagine this is an issue that will remain in the category of either an intermittent glitch, or a mystery. 

Thanks again. 

I'm glad you solved your problem.

Top Tags