cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Error causing file to show 0 KB

LD_10416065
1-Newbie

Error causing file to show 0 KB

I am unable to access my work file. Before I attempted to open the file it had a size of roughly 1700 KB however after I attempted to open the file it showed me an error saying that the file type is not supported. After this I have noticed that the file size now says 0 KB. The file I am working on is a PTC Mathcad Worksheet (.mcdx), I have opened other files of the same type and it works fine.

The log file from the error says this;
System.FormatException: Incorrect file format, file should be from PTC Mathcad Prime

Could you please help me recover the file if possible.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After contacting my company IT support they thought that the issue was with conflicting offline files however the issue was with the registry files within the MathCAD software, after adding a new registry the issue has stopped. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LD_10416065)

What happened between the last time you saved the file and this time to open it again?

Did you immediately shut down the PC after saving the file? Then shutting the PC may have interfered with saving the file...

If the file size is actually 0 kB, then there is no data in it. That means there is nothing to recover.

One possible way to (partly) recover is to check your backup, that is: the backup you have made from the data on your computer.

Another method of recovery is that you re-create the sheet...

Success!
Luc

Please specify which version of the program you are using.

After contacting my company IT support they thought that the issue was with conflicting offline files however the issue was with the registry files within the MathCAD software, after adding a new registry the issue has stopped. 

Glad you solved your problem.

Announcements
Top Tags