cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

License assignment

SC_4657890
1-Newbie

License assignment

I am responsible for ordering software for our company. I would like to order under our user name software.compliance@cmc.com but if I do, am I able to assign the software to a user? Or does the software have to be purchased under the user's name?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SC_4657890)

Are these floating licenses or Node Locked licenses?

Floating licenses are in a pool of licenses on a server and anyone in your company can access them. The license management software will limit how many users may use the software at one time. The value is set when you purchase XX licenses.

A node locked license may also be installed on any computer in your company but may only be used on that computer. Multiple users may access the code on any one computer, one at a time. You will need to designate which company computers will be running MathCAD and then obtain licenses for each of these computers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SC_4657890)

Are these floating licenses or Node Locked licenses?

Floating licenses are in a pool of licenses on a server and anyone in your company can access them. The license management software will limit how many users may use the software at one time. The value is set when you purchase XX licenses.

A node locked license may also be installed on any computer in your company but may only be used on that computer. Multiple users may access the code on any one computer, one at a time. You will need to designate which company computers will be running MathCAD and then obtain licenses for each of these computers.

Top Tags