cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MATHCAD Floating License - Once Borrowed not able to Return

gianfry
7-Bedrock

MATHCAD Floating License - Once Borrowed not able to Return

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to install a floating license server and it worked. However when performing some tests with my colleagues I realized that after I borrowed the license, I was not able to return back for another colleague to pick.

I received the following error msg: "Unable to return the license. Verify that the current license settings are correct.". I found nothing about such error on the online documentation.

Did someone experienced the same issue? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

GF

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gianfry)

The default borrow is for 7 days.

Article - CS31332 - How to return a borrowed license to the server before the expiration date for FLEXnet based applications (ptc.com)

If you are running MathCAD on multiple machines in the same office (on the same network) you should not be borrowing the license, just let MathCAD 'check out' the license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gianfry)

The default borrow is for 7 days.

Article - CS31332 - How to return a borrowed license to the server before the expiration date for FLEXnet based applications (ptc.com)

If you are running MathCAD on multiple machines in the same office (on the same network) you should not be borrowing the license, just let MathCAD 'check out' the license.

Thanks Ben for the solution. It worked.

Regards,

GF

Thanks Martin for the additional link.

Announcements
Top Tags