cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Open .mcd files

JS_11198889
3-Visitor

Open .mcd files

We currently have some older .mcd MathCAD files.
Our trial version will not open them.
Is there a tool or product you have that could convert or update these to something we can use in the new software version? We are trying to find a way to gain access to these old files.
Thanks,
Jon
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

There is a converter Mathcad to Prime.  It is not included ina default install and needs to be specifically chosen during the install.

Converter can be opened from an icon on the ribbon.

Capture.JPG

You could upload the files in a zip filr for a good person in the community to convert for you.

It is important to know which version of Prime you are using.

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

There is a converter Mathcad to Prime.  It is not included ina default install and needs to be specifically chosen during the install.

Converter can be opened from an icon on the ribbon.

Capture.JPG

You could upload the files in a zip filr for a good person in the community to convert for you.

It is important to know which version of Prime you are using.

Cheers

Terry

Thanks terryhendicott,

I don't have that option active.

JS_11198889_1-1721054833469.png

I have a 30-day trial for now.  Do you know how I can re-load it so that is active?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JS_11198889)

Just re-install the application, and don't forget to tick the option for the converter ON.

Note that you will NOT get an extension to your 30 day trial period. I see you've got one day left. Hurry!

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JS_11198889)

Bear in mind that your installation of Prime must be licensed. For a trial version, that means you have to have gotten a license for the (30 day) trial period and still be within that period. If not, the only information that you will get from the converter is the version of the .mcd file.

If your .mcd file is old enough (8 or less) you could make use of the 'mathcad explorer'. It will read .mcd files up to version 8, allow you to change its contents and recalculate, but NOT save the .mcd file... But you'll have to search the internet dungeons to find the installation source of mathcad explorer 8.02 if it still hangs around somewhere. Note that we're talking 1999-ish.

Success!
Luc

Thanks LicMeekes,

How do I confirm that my installation is licensed?

"How to install PTC Mathcad Prime 7.0 with a locked license": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXQV1PS3kc 

In this video, you will learn how to install PTC Mathcad Prime 7.0 using a locked license. For more info, refer to: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/creo-mathcad?source=Youtube Facing issues during installation, refer to: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/creo-admin-troubleshooter?source=Youtube To ...

Hi @JS_11198889 ,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Announcements
Top Tags