cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to open/convert 2015 Mathcad file on Prime 8

LL_10447713
3-Visitor

Unable to open/convert 2015 Mathcad file on Prime 8

Hi all, I have a Mathcad file created by Mathcad2015 (my best guess). Now that I'm using mathcad prime 8 (trial version), I can't open the old file. When I use the XMCD,MCD Converter button in Input/Output and link the path to the file and press "convert", the "MCDX status" says "no license" and I can't convert to open it in prime 8. Could you please help me with this. I can send you the file for your reference.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please find it in attachment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

1Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

2. You can also attach your file here (by zipping it) so we can convert it for you.

Hi,

I actually ticked that and was able to open the converter in the prime8. Just that when I press "convert" it says "no license" as I described in the original question (also as shown below). Please see attached the files that I want to convert. Many thanks for your help converting them for me.

However, it would be nice to know how to convert them myself so that I can do so next time. Thank you.

LL_10447713_0-1665309946223.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LL_10447713)

You've got Prime 8 Express installed, but not applied for (and received) a license. This license is required to use the full feature set of Prime (for a period of 30 days max.)

Read here how to apply for such license: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/How-to-Acquire-30-days-License-for-Mathcad-Prime-7-0/m-p/721613#M413

After the license expires Prime falls back to Express mode, which means: No Symbolics, programming, solve-blocks, conversion, and advanced functions such as mean and stdev...

I would convert your files, but they are not in a .ZIP archive, so I cannot access them.

Success!
Luc

Hi, I actually applied and got a license via email. I then used it to register mathcad already. Still don't understand why it's like that.

LL_10447713_0-1665924089392.png

Pic_1.jpg

Please find it in attachment.

Top Tags