cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Upgrading to Prime 8 from Prime 7

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Upgrading to Prime 8 from Prime 7

I downloaded the Prime 8 express software but how do I license it? I have a Prime 7 contract that is good through 9/2022.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Derbigdog)

From the PTC eSupport home page, you can download a new license file for your installation. The new downloaded file should show Prime 8 as the latest version.

#MathcadPrime # Mathcad Professional - Float Prime 8.0

You can also download a report showing all licenses that you/your company own and get the SCN, Subscription number, product codes, etc. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Do you see Prime 8 here when you log in?

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCP

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

Yes I do see it. I have downloaded Prime 8 but when I need to know how to get the license. it asks for a Product Code. Where would I find it.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

I do not want a 30 day license for Prime 8.0  I want to have a full license for 8.0 as I have an existing license (with support) for Prime 7. 

Maybe the question I should ask is. If I have an active license for 7.0 can I upgrade to 8.0 without buying a new license.

Yes. If you have support/are on a subscription then you're entitled to Prime 8 at no additional cost.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

Good I can upgrade at no additional cost. Now how do I do that. I have spent hours going around in circles with this. Whom do I ask to provide the license(s) I need to have a full working version (not a trial version) license?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

From the PTC eSupport home page, you can download a new license file for your installation. The new downloaded file should show Prime 8 as the latest version.

#MathcadPrime # Mathcad Professional - Float Prime 8.0

You can also download a report showing all licenses that you/your company own and get the SCN, Subscription number, product codes, etc. 

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

I did figure out how to do it by myself. But downloading the License Report showed me that I had licenses for Prime 8. After that it was a matter of asking for them.

However, this is the most convoluted procedure I have ever experienced in my 40 years of working with PC software. I got no notification that I could do the upgrade or even that the upgrade was released. I found out when I was emailed an invitation to a webinar on Prime 8. I know that PTC is single-user unfriendly but why make everything so hard to do? 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You can sign up for technical bulletins and support emails that will inform you of issues and when a new version has been released.

Technical Support Subscriptions (ptc.com)

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

I am already subscribed. Thank you.

Top Tags