cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

XMCD convertor not working

NK_10201463
4-Participant

XMCD convertor not working

xmcd convertor not working. I mean i Cant click on it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Is your Prime 8 in "Mathcad Express" mode (the converter won't work here) or is it a full licence (or the 30-day free trial)?

If it's a full paid-for licence, then when you were installing it, did you check the XMCD, MCD Converter at this part of the installation?

DJNewman_0-1648750044170.png

(Imagine it says Prime 8.0.0.0)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

What is your Mathcad Prime version?

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
NK_10201463
4-Participant
(To:DJNewman)

I am using ptc mathcad 8.0 but here after downloading, I cant click on the xmcd convertor in order to convert a file. actually the file is of older version. can you or anyone please convert this file into mathcad 8.0 version. I have been trying since last month to convert it but unfirtunately cannot do it.

thanks

Here it is.

NK_10201463
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

thank you so much. i wish i could have posted earlier. anywaya you cannot imagine how happy i am 

You're welcome.

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:NK_10201463)

Perhaps you need mathcad 15 installed too? - Just guessing.

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:ppal)

As an FYI, starting in Prime 7, you don't need Mathcad 15 installed to use the convertor. (You did for Prime 6 and prior.)

Hi,

Try this solution - "Error "Conversion Failed, Conversion aborted.." while converting legacy Mathcad worksheet to Prime": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/Error-quot-Conversion-Failed-Conversion-aborted-quot-while/m-p/707519#M50 

NK_10201463
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Bro i have installed matchad 6.0.0. can you or anyone convert the attached file in matchad 6.0.0 and sent it back please? I am very worried

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:NK_10201463)

Here you go.

The messages from the converter are:

LucMeekes_0-1654092535205.png

Success!
Luc

Hi 

I am new and have the same issue. I have a MathCad15 file and need to use it in MathCAD 8 Prime.  The Converter on the IN/OUT tab is greyed out.  Is there something I need to install separately?  My files are too big to attach. Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Is your Prime 8 in "Mathcad Express" mode (the converter won't work here) or is it a full licence (or the 30-day free trial)?

If it's a full paid-for licence, then when you were installing it, did you check the XMCD, MCD Converter at this part of the installation?

DJNewman_0-1648750044170.png

(Imagine it says Prime 8.0.0.0)

JB_6643059
4-Participant
(To:DJNewman)

Full paid for version.  Thank you so much...Re-installed. Yes that worked.  Now i have a bunch of errors on the file I converted.  But this is a step up from where I was earlier.  I am new all around to this environment so I don't know how quickly I will work through these errors.  Thanks again.

HI I am also having issue with the convertor, however I do not get an option during installation to have the convertor installed. I am installing Prime 7, and it is a paid for licence through the university I work for.

I would like to fix this but below are 3 of my old files if someone can help to convert it for me or even if you are able to open the expandable sections and provide me a PDF of the pages. Thanks 

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:MM_10316877)

thank you

Top Tags