cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

installation of a single user, windows, MathCad 14.0 from the CD Disk with Date Code: M020

RS_2719217
2-Guest

installation of a single user, windows, MathCad 14.0 from the CD Disk with Date Code: M020

I'm installing a single user, windows, MathCad 14.0 from the CD Disk with Date Code: M020. Since this was an upgrade from a previous version, the installation is asking for the "old serial number," which I don't have. I contacted PTC customer support, and they kindly generated and sent me a License Pack file. Where and how to use this file?
3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RS_2719217)

You might try to run the MCLicense.exe in the subdirectory MCLicense of you Mathcad installation, and see if you get a prompt for the location of the license file...

Success!
Luc

Thanks Luc. This is MathCad 14.0, it is about 20 years old and on a CD. There is one *.exe file on the CD; for the installation to proceed it needs the "old serial number," so no subdirectories have been established and given the age, no License management system.

Thanks again

RS_2719217_0-1719246300756.png

Announcements
Top Tags