cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

2D lines on a contour plot

ptc-4732704
1-Newbie

2D lines on a contour plot

In the MathCAD Prime 2.0, I was trying to add a 2D constraint graph line to a contour plot to indicate the constrained optimum. However, I have no idea on how to do that. Is there a way?

Thank you so much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Pavel Kabir wrote:

In the MathCAD Prime 2.0, I was trying to add a 2D constraint graph line to a contour plot to indicate the constrained optimum. However, I have no idea on how to do that. Is there a way?

Thank you so much in advance!

May be this picture help you:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/1_70_Plot_Pad.png

Superposition is another way in standard Mathcad; here's an example using CreateSpace ... I haven't got Prime 2.0, so I don't know whether the method will work on it.

Stuartcollab - 12 09 17 superimposing over a contour plot 01.JPG

Stuart,

Do you know why the y axis is inverted, i.e. the negatives are at the top and the positives are at the bottom?

Harvey Hensley wrote:

Stuart,

Do you know why the y axis is inverted, i.e. the negatives are at the top and the positives are at the bottom?

Yes. I was using the joint Australian/Transylvanian protocol (favoured by submariners). Try Twist 90, Tilt 90.

Stuart

Stuart,

Just catching up on some stuff. "Twist 90, Tilt 90". Is that the movie script direction for the actor who's just been shot?

H

Top Tags