cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Accessing Multiple Excel Worksheets using Component

dabber
1-Newbie

Accessing Multiple Excel Worksheets using Component

How can I access an Excel worksheet in an Excel file with multiple worksheets? I have tried using both the data import wizard and the Microsoft Excel component with no success. I have also tried using the Insert/File Input dialog box choosing the Microsoft Excel option but it didn't work.

The Data Import Wizard and the Insert/File Input options will allow you to select a file and file type (i.e., Microsoft Excel) but when I select a workbook with multiple worksheets I can't do anything. For both options is a drop-down menu for the worksheet but there are no menu selections.

I have looked in the Help files but for this case the help files don't help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:dabber)

Hello!

It is necessary for you to use additional record in a type "Sheet№!Cell".

Excel_example.jpg

Excel2.jpg

P.S. Which version of Mathcad you use?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hello!

It is necessary for you to use additional record in a type "Sheet№!Cell".

Excel_example.jpg

Excel2.jpg

P.S. Which version of Mathcad you use?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

As Vladimir has shown above, there is a built in function which allows you to call up individual Excel worksheets. The only issue is that you have to know the worksheet names.

Mike

I forgot to mention that I have recently produced a scripted component which will automatically pull Excel worksheets names which could help.

Search under my name - it was Raiko's thread.

Mike

Thanks Gents. I had forgotten about the READEXCEL function. I was trying to do it using the data import wizard since it says that you can read in excel files and the user interface infers that you can access different worksheets.

To answer Vladimir's question, I am using Mathcad 15.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

...Search under my name - it was Raiko's thread...

You mean this topic: http://communities.ptc.com/message/168743?

Top Tags